The classic Tom & Jerry series produced and directed by Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera ended when MGM closed its cartoon unit in 1957. Several years later, in 1960, the studio decided they wanted more Tom & Jerry cartoons and farmed them out to be done by former UPA and Terrytoons alum, Gene Deitch in Czechoslovakia. The series returned to the US in 1963 when Tower 12 Productions, the company formed by Les Goldman and Chuck Jones, was given the contract by MGM. This series lasted until 1967 and these cartoons were Tom & Jerry’s last hurrah as stars of theatrical shorts. Many of the cartoons were co-directed by Chuck Jones and Maurice Noble with Abe Levitow and Ben Washam handling the balance. The storyboard featured here is by Bob Ogle for one of the shorts directed by Abe Levitow.
(Click any image to enlarge.)
Pages from a storyboard for a Tom & Jerry cartoon, "Puss 'n' Boats":
Storyboards most likely by Bob Ogle
Production cel from The Mouse from H.U.N.G.E.R: